Peppermint Grove in Western Australia has topped a list of the nation’s most expensive suburbs.
RP Data’s senior research analyst Cameron Kusher said there are presently 212 suburbs with a median house price greater than $1 million – 35 per cent more than this time last year.
But despite the recent increase in prestgious suburbs, Mr Kusher said the nation was unlikely to see further growth in the number of multi-million dollar properties in 2011.
“We are anticipating subdued residential property market conditions during the year and the premium sector’s performance will also likely be impacted by high interest rates and ongoing global economic uncertainty,” he said.
“These conditions are likely to hamper purchaser confidence and reduce the propensity of buyers to spend in excess of $1 million.”
Other suburbs to make the list included;
• Bellevue Hill, NSW with a median house price of $3.4 million
• Dalkeith, WA with a median house price of $2.8 million
• Dover Heights, NSW with a median house price of $2.7 million
Your enquiry has been sent to a local Aussie Mortgage Broker.
We will be in contact with you shortly.
- Give expert mortgage advice to help you find great investment loan deals
- Help you maximise return by lowering financing costs
- Save you time and effort by helping with the paperwork