How to lodge a land subdivision

By Darren Standish

Standish tnIf your intention is to subdivide your property to allow you to build multiple dwellings then an application must first be made to the Development Assessment Commission (DAC).

Blogger: Darren Standish, Property Prosperity

The following information must be submitted with an application for land division:

•        A completed Development Application Form

•        Relevant Fees

•        Nine copies of the proposed land division plan drafted in accordance with requirements outlined in the Development Regulations

•        Two current copies of the Certificate of Title

As the requirements for land division plans are very specific most applications for land divisions are prepared and submitted by a licensed surveyor on your behalf.

If the land division relates to houses that you intend to build on the land it is recommended that you lodge a Development Application for the proposed development with the Council prior to lodging an application for land division with DAC. This will demonstrate that the newly subdivided blocks are of the appropriate size, shape and orientation to cater for your intended purpose.

About Darren Standish

Darren Standish established Property Prosperity in 2004 initially as a property development company, however after repeated requests for assistance the business evolved into a development consulting business.

Property Prosperity was initially focused on assisting clients with subdivisions and negotiating with councils to ensure that clients maximized their return on investment. Over the years additional services were gradually added to ensure the development process was as seamless as possible for its clients. We expanded into offering individually tailored finance solutions and then added Property Development Analysis, Property Sales and a Builder Broker Services.

Darren is the overachiever of the team and has more qualifications than your average university graduate. As well as completing a Bachelor in Economics, Bachelor in Commerce and post graduate in Accounting he subsequently went on to complete a Diploma in Financial Service, Diploma in Real Estate and Certificate IV in Building. He is a qualified Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA), a licensed Real Estate Agent, licensed Mortgage Broker and holds a Builders License.

How to lodge a land subdivision
SPI logo
Thank you.

Your enquiry has been sent to a local Aussie Mortgage Broker.

We will be in contact with you shortly.

error occurred.
Unfortunately Aussie cannot attend to your home loan related enquiry at this stage as you must be a citizen or permanent resident.
Do you need help finding the right loan for your investment?
What Aussie do for you:
  • Give expert mortgage advice to help you find great investment loan deals
  • Help you maximise return by lowering financing costs
  • Save you time and effort by helping with the paperwork
First name
Last name
Mobile Number
Are you an Australian Resident?
promoted stories

Top Suburbs

Highest annual price growth - click a suburb below to view full profile data:
BLUE BAY 49.18%