Renovation has long been an effective tool to not only better your lifestyle but also add value to your property.
According to Archicentre – the building advisory service of the Australian Institute of Architects – renovating can go wrong because of poor planning. If you’re looking to renovate your property for maximum value, keep these tips in mind:
• Before you purchase a home, make sure the structure is actually capable of supporting an extension or renovation and is overall structurally sound.
• Check with your local council and relevant authorities that your plans meet relevant legislation and planning guidelines.
• Ensure that you don’t over capitalsie the property – that can relate to the design, finishes and fittings.
• Create a design that matches the lifestyle requirements currently demanded by the market – this could include indoor/ outdoor areas and other entertaining spaces.
• Obtaining numerous quotes for the building and any sub-contracting – do not lock yourself into a contract until you have explored all alternatives.
Your enquiry has been sent to a local Aussie Mortgage Broker.
We will be in contact with you shortly.
- Give expert mortgage advice to help you find great investment loan deals
- Help you maximise return by lowering financing costs
- Save you time and effort by helping with the paperwork