Powered by MOMENTUM MEDIA
AREA REPORTS

Evatt

Suburb Profile

Evatt - FREE SUBURB PROFILE REPORT
POSTAL CODE: ACT,2617

house

Homeowners and real estate investors betting on EVATT, 2617 can rest assured about this ACT suburb's performance. The suburb saw median home prices rise by 13.5%.

A steady increase in median property prices over a five-year period in the suburb translates to a 21.1% capital gain.

Property investors in EVATT enjoyed capital gains of 13.5% over the last 12 months translating to lower returns compared with its peers in the territory.

The suburb also delivered a weaker performance in contrast to other Australian suburbs in terms of appreciation of property value. Investors saw the median home price rise to $660,000.

Profits due to an upward trend in home prices there averaged 7.03% per annum over a 3-year period.

Home owners selling their properties and realtors in EVATT usually have to wait an average of 48.7 days days before their assets are lifted off the market.

Average weekly rents on listings have reached the $580 mark, reflecting a 4.57% increase in returns based on the current median price in EVATT.

EVATT, 2617 places 14th in Australia based on median property value growth during the quarter.

Surburb overview

Evatt is a suburb in the District of Belconnen, Australian Capital Territory. Evatt is bounded by the Ginninderra Drive, Copland Drive, Owen Dixon Drive and the William Webb Drive. Evatt was named after Herbert Vere Evatt, the Justice of the High Court of Australia between 1930 and 1940. The suburb’s theme revolves around legal professions, hence the name of its streets.

Demographic profile

The suburb’s population numbers by 5,327, with a median age of 37. Nearly 1,500 families live in the suburb, consisting of an average 2.7 people per household. Seventy-five per cent of residents in Evatt are Australia-born; other countries of birth include England, China, India, Vietnam and New Zealand.

Real estate environment

Occupancy rate in Evatt is high at 95 per cent, with only the remaining 5 per cent of the properties unoccupied, based on the latest government property data. Among the occupied dwelling spaces, 33.9 per cent are fully owned, 43 per cent are being purchased and 21 per cent are rented.

The most common residential properties in Evatt are separate houses at 96.3 per cent, followed by semi-detached homes at 2.3 per cent. Flats or apartment units make up around 1 per cent. The average rent per property is $381 based on aggregated data from various listings sites.

Data report can be found below

KEY PROPERTY DATA REPORT HOUSE UNIT
Median Price $660,000 N/A
GROWTH REPORT
Median Quarterly 7.32% N/A
Median 12 month 13.5% N/A
Median 3 years 21.1% N/A
Median 5 years 38.95% N/A
10 years average annual 3.64% N/A
Weekly media advert. rent $580 N/A
Time on Market 48.7 days N/A
Gross Rental Yield Percent 4.57% N/A
demographics (median values)
Total Population
5495
Weekly Household Income
1566
Household Size
2.80
demographics
select a category
Age group
Top 10 Birth Countries
Dwelling Structures
Education
Household Income
Labour Force
Marital Status
Occupation
Religious Affiliation
Tenure Type

Subscribe to get the latest news and updates

Sydney house prices swell

Slightly ‘disappointing’ auction results, but Sydney house prices swell

The latest auction figures are showing a booming market, with buyers looking to make the most of the ultra-cheap money, but while their inte...

Australian home values rise

Australian home values rise at fastest rate in 17 years

Overall, Australian home values surged 2.1 per cent higher in February, the largest month-on-month change in CoreLogic’s national home va...

New stock on market in March

New stock on market in March, expert predicts

With the mismatch between supply and demand pushing prices higher, an expert believes new listing numbers could see a more substantial lift ...

Extreme disparity in Aussie rental markets revealed

Extreme disparity in Aussie rental markets revealed

The disparity in rental markets across Australia has been extreme, with overly tight rental conditions in Perth and Darwin contrasting the p...

Mortgage stress reaches 3-year low

Mortgage stress reaches 3-year low

Despite mortgage-holders experiencing record levels of comfort, red flags are emerging with financial stress tipped to rise, new research ha...

commercial property market

How to win in today’s commercial property market

Despite the disruption caused by COVID-19, Australia’s commercial property market remained resilient, offering unique opportunities to sma...

Website Notifications

Get notifications in real-time for staying up to date with content that matters to you.