NSW government calls for empty holiday homes

Property investors with vacant holiday homes are being urged to assist with housing individuals and families displaced by the bushfire crisis in NSW.

vacation house spi

The state minister for families, communities and disability services Gareth Ward said such homes could provide a family with suitable accommodation.

“If you own a property in a bushfire-affected area that isn’t being used right now, it could be providing a family with a safe and secure place to stay in their time of need.”

The NSW government’s bushfire housing assistance service can link people who have lost their home with accommodation.

Financial assistance is also available through rental bond loans and advanced rent payments.


The Smart Property Investment Show previously considered whether a holiday home is a worthwhile investment due to capital gains taxes.

You need to be a member to post comments. Become a member for free today!

Comments powered by CComment

Related articles