Property news you need to know: The week ending 19 September
Smart Property Investment is pleased to present a weekly round-up of the biggest stories across property, investment, re...
Just a few simple tweaks can be the difference between a mediocre result and a record-breaking sale.
Blogger: Justine Stedman, director and principal stylist, Vault Interiors
1. Get the basics right: make sure the property is clean and clutter free. Remove any excess furniture and decorative items like photo frames and trinkets.
2. Create aspirational living: set the scene and present the lifestyle the property offers its buyers. Introduce style and detail through cushions, throws, accessories and artwork.
3. Showcase functionality: Help buyers visualise how the space will function for them or their perspective tenant. The most common error that people make when styling their homes for sale is selecting furniture that does not fit the room properly.
4. Add perceived value: Convert unused and awkward areas into usable spaces that add extra value to buyers.
5. Manage your first impression: First impressions count so a fresh coat of paint on the façade can be money well spent. Repair any outside damage such as broken fencing, guttering or outdoor lights and create a pathway.
6. Prepare for open homes: Be organised and prepare in advance for open houses. Ensure the property is spotless on open days with no trace of pets in sight or scent.
7. Enlist a property stylist: Styling a property for sale helps potential buyers to connect emotionally with the property and realise its true functionality and potential.