The best suburbs for property growth in 2022 – Part 2
Growth is currently forecast for these 15 suburbs in the year ahead. ...
Polishing up your house with some simple renovations and TLC can really sharpen its appeal as well as maximise your profit potential – and it needn’t break the bank.
Here are some simple and affordable ways to boost your home’s sale potential so you can maximise your resources for the more exciting project – your new home!
1. Make an entrance – ensure a strong first impression with a welcoming doorway. Think sparkling footpaths and porches and new pot plants. A new front door may also be an inexpensive way to spruce up your entrance, along with a new doormat.
2. A green trim – a well groomed garden is the perfect way to frame your home. Get your lawn in tip top condition, weed the garden, remove any shabby plants and introduce some cheerful flowers.
3. Cleanliness is next to godliness – get out a bucket and brush and scrub away the years of grime from your bricks and windows.
4. Shiny coat – nothing will freshen up your house more than a coat of fresh paint.
5. The small things – new fittings and fixtures can easily modernise an older home. Think door handles, cupboard handles and taps.
6. Repair time – the time to sell is the perfect time to tackle those odd jobs such as broken fly screens, cracked window panes or broken blinds. They may be fiddly tasks but they will give your home a more polished finish.
7. Beautify the bathroom – a dirty looking bathroom can be an instant turn off so take the time to replace any dripping or rusty taps and fixtures. A new toilet seat is also an easy way to spruce up a bathroom as are new fluffy towels.
8. Clean carpets – a steam clean will only cost a few hundred dollars and help restore your carpets to their former glory.
9. Add some sparkle – polish floorboards and shampoo rugs.
10. De-clutter – the easiest and cheapest way to add value to your home is by having a big clean out and removing any junk.