4 key takeaways from the Treasurer
Property appears to be front and centre of the federal government’s economic agenda, so what can investors expect fro...
Selling your home can be an exciting, not to mention stressful, experience. However there are some tried and tested tips to ensure you achieve the highest sales price possible – no matter the market. Here are five proven ideas.
1. Find the right agent: Identifying and securing a good real estate agent is essential to achieving a good price, as well as minimising the stress associated with a house purchase. There’s a saying in real estate circles that ‘20 per cent of the agents do 80 per cent of the business’, which can indeed be true. Just remember that the best agent for you doesn't necessarily work at the largest firm, close the most transactions or make the most money. The best agent for you is an experienced professional that listens to you, conducts themselves in an ethical manner, and understands your market.<
2. Showcase your house: Make sure any real estate advertisements highlight your property’s best assets. Always take exterior photos of your property in the evening – it will give the property a classy, elegant look, which should ultimately drive the selling price upwards. Ensure any internal photos are bright, with plenty of natural light.
3. Light up: First and foremost, check that all the lights work throughout the home and replace any spent bulbs where necessary! Importantly, select your lighting for each room carefully as it plays a major part in creating the room’s ambience and can also be used to highlight the room’s most attractive feature. Lighting can produce a warm, homely environment.
4. Clean and tidy: Cleanliness is next to godliness, so make sure your house is ‘spick and span’ before any potential homebuyers come traipsing through the front door. If your house is clean and clutter free, it will give the illusion of good storage space and in turn, a bigger property.
5. Make it fresh: If you are having an open house inspection, bake some fresh bread in the oven to give the property a homely feel; it will also help potential homebuyers’ picture themselves living there. This easy and straightforward tip can make all the difference.